Friday, May 11, 2018

"Everything Sounds Better on Vinyl:" New Fiction in Gulf Stream Magazine

Good morning, y'all!

I have a new short story up today. You can read "Everything Sounds Better on Vinyl" in the Spring issue of Gulf Stream Magazine.

Thank you to editor T.C. Jones for being such a warm, enthusiastic editor. He and the other editors and readers have put together a wonderful mix of fiction, poetry, and nonfiction that I can't wait to spend time with this weekend.

This story means a lot to me because I first drafted it in an undergraduate creative writing course. That first attempt was terrible, and the previous version is either lost in my ancient family computer or typed out in fragments stuck in an old binder I keep under my desk. The story always stayed in my head, and I started over from memory last year, and now it's a complete, published story that I'm very proud of.

Have a great weekend. Happy reading.

No comments:

2021 Readings, 2022 Goals

In keeping with the 2020 trend, my reading total was pretty sad, as you can tell.  As always, it's about quality, not quantity, but sure...