Friday, April 27, 2018

"Thy Will Be Done:" New Fiction on Monkeybicycle

Hey y'all, good morning. My latest short story was published today! You can read "Thy Will Be Done" right here.

Thank you to editor James Tate Hill for the amazing work he's published and promoted at Monkeybicycle, and for being so warm, gracious, and enthusiastic about my work. When he sent me the final edits, he included a compliment that I'm too embarrassed to share here, but let's just say it's one of the best remarks I've ever received about my writing. And thank you to Steven Seighman, who I believe posted it, and may be the one who included the perfect image accompaniment. Or it might've been J.T. who did so; either way, they both had hands in this publication, and I couldn't be more pleased.

And a thank you to Alyssa Zaczek, who graciously read this in its early stages when I wasn't sure the story was doing what it was supposed to do. Alyssa and I worked together very briefly in Chicago, and reconnected online. She's a fiercely talented writer and editor, and I'm grateful she took the time to help me. Keep her name bookmarked. Her work is wonderful, and she will be making even more joyful noise in the future.

I hope you enjoy reading this story. Have a great weekend.

No comments:

2021 Readings, 2022 Goals

In keeping with the 2020 trend, my reading total was pretty sad, as you can tell.  As always, it's about quality, not quantity, but sure...