Monday, January 4, 2021

2020 Readings


2020 sucked. You know it. I know it. Here are the books I read this year. Annually, I do a detailed recap, and set 2021 goals, but since our goal is to merely make it to the end of this pandemic, I don't feel right with wide-eyed optimism.
1.) Trust Exercise: a Novel by Susan Choi

2.) The Sky Isn't Blue by Janice Lee

3.) Three Women by Lisa Taddeo

4.) American Dirt: a Novel by Jeanine Cummins

5.) My Year of Rest and Relaxation: a Novel by Ottessa Moshfegh

6.) And I Do Not Forgive You: Stories and Other Revenges by Amber Sparks

7.) Anklet and Other Stories by Shome Dasgupta

8.) The Bonesetter's Daughter: a Novel by Amy Tan

9.) Weather: a Novel by Jenny Offill

10.) Trick Mirror: Reflections on Self-Delusion by Jia Tolentino

11.) So We Can Glow: Stories by Leesa Cross-Smith

12.) Our Alternate Universes by Rachel Tanner

13.) Too Much: How Victorian Constraints Still Bind Women Today by Rachel Vorona Cote

14.) We the Animals: a Novel by Justin Torres

15.) Now We Haunt This Home Together: Stories by Madeline Anthes

16.) Lakewood: a Novel by Megan Giddings

17.) The Compton Cowboys: The New Generation of Cowboys in America's Urban Heartland by Walter Thompson-Hernández

18.) Blacktop Wasteland: a Novel by S.A. Cosby

19.) All My Mother's Lovers: a Novel by Ilana Masad

No comments:

2021 Readings, 2022 Goals

In keeping with the 2020 trend, my reading total was pretty sad, as you can tell.  As always, it's about quality, not quantity, but sure...